Economia da Saúde
Gestão e Administração de Serviços de Saúde
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- Jorge Manuel Marques Simões
At the end of the course the students will be familiar with the special
characteristics of the healthcare sector. They should be able to
discuss the main policies in the healthcare sector as well as to
apply economic analysis to address specific issues.
Basic elements of the demand and supply in the healthcare sector.
Application of the risk and uncertainty concepts to insurance
demand. Evaluation, funding and regulation of healthcare systems.
Comparative analysis of the Portuguese healthcare system.
The students can choose between: a) Continuous assessment:individual mid-term tests with minimum arithmetic average mark of 10/20.
b) Final exam: A minimum mark of 10/20.
- Barros, P. (2005). Economia da Saúde: Conceitos e Comportamentos. Coimbra: Livraria Almedina
- Duru, G. e Beresniak, A. (1999). Economia da Saúde. Lisboa: Climepsi Editores
- Feldstein, P. (2005). Health Care Economics. Clifton Park: Thomson Delmar Learning
- Giraldes, M. (1997). Economia da Saúde: da Teoria à Prática. Lisboa: Editorial Estampa
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by case study analysis.
Software used in class