Bank Financial Analysis
Bank Management and Administration
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 P
Use of Financial Analysis in the company : the analysis of financial stability, profitability and risk companies and banking institutions.
1. Introduction: object and framework of Financial Analysis
2. Instruments base of Financial Analysis :
2.2. Documents base of Financial Analysis
2.3. Preparation of accounting documents for Financial Analysis
2.4. The method of ratios
3. Financial stability
4. Efficiency and profitability :
4.1. The financial cycle of exploitation
4.2. Income statement analysis
4.3. Return on invested capital
4.4. Return on equity
5. The operational and financial risk
Group work with discussion .
Students are exempt from the final exam if the final note of the work and discussion is equal to or higher than 10 .
- Caiado, J. e Caiado, A. (2009). Gestão de instituições financeiras. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Neves, J. (2014). Análise e Relato Financeiro - Uma visão integrada de gestão. Lisboa: Texto Editores
- Sinkey, J. (1992). Commercial Bank Financial Management. :
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources and case study analysis.
Software used in class