Direcção de Fotografia
Video e Cinema Documental
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 3,0 OT
- Nelson Alexandre Araújo Valente Tondela
a. Camera and lighting
b. Work processes
c. DP functions
d. The "photographic image"
e. Teamwork strategies
f. Skills in light mechanics
g. Your own "image look" speech
h. Stimulate research
1. Cinematographer, Director and Art Director relationship.
2. The Director of Photography's work.
3. Kodak Masterclasses analysis.
4. Lighting Techniques for Interiors and Exteriors (day and night).
5. The Photography Brief.
6. Photography at Production stage.
7. DaVinci Resolve - Primary Corrections.
8. DaVinci Resolve - Secondary Corrections.
Project 1 (10%)
Project 2 (60%)
Project 3 (20%)
Regular Exam/Supplementary and Special evaluation:
Project 1 (5%)
Project 2 (30%)
Project 3 (15%)
- ALTON, J. (1996). Painting with light. Berkeley:: University of California Press
- MALKIEWICZ, K. (1986). Film Lighting. Nova Iorque: Prentice-Hall
- SCHAEFER, D. e SALVATO, L. (2013). Masters of Light. California: University of California Press
- STORARO, V. (2004). Storaro: Writing With Light Trilogy. California: Aperture
Method of interaction
a. Lectures in the classroom.
b. Practical lessons in the classroom.
c. Practical lessons in the field.
Software used in class