Video e Cinema Documental
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- João Pedro Freire Fonseca da Luz
1. To understand the cinema as an artistic expression, industry and thought;
2. To identify strategies and filmic construction methods by analyzing the filmography of several authors and historical periods;
3. To comprehend the filmic construction process in each of its phases.
A. Perception, representation and style: cinema as artistic expression and reflection mode;
B. Conceptualization of reality: observation and analysis, argument and visualization;
C. Filmic construction methodologies, filmic material and its formal synergy: the image, the sound, onscreen and offscreen, meaning;
D. Elements of filmic construction: plan, scene, sequence.
Presentation of all exercizes until the frequency, the exam or the improvement dates.
- Nichols, B. (2001). Introduction to Documentary. Bloomington: Indiana University Press
- Katz, S. (1991). Film Directing Shot by Shot. Stoneham: Michael Wise Productions
Method of interaction
1. Viewing and analysis of documentary films;
2. Reading, analysis and discussion of texts listed in the bibliography;
3. Presentation and discussion of personal views;
4. Monitoring, discussion and correction of exercises under production.
Software used in class