Computer Systems Management
Information and Communication Technologies, Publication in the Diário da República - Plano 4 - 2010/2011
5.5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 30,0 TP
The students are expected to gain skills in systems management that will allow them to manage service and application servers,
manage network services and manage storage systems and backup files of all services and applications.
1. The problems involved in the management of heterogeneous
2. Survey, inspection and audit tools.
3. Systems and Networks Management. Operation Systems installation and configuration.
4. User management.
5. Security policies, backup and contingency plans.
2 practical assignments (50% +50%
- Rosa, A. (2011). Windows Server 2008 - Curso Completo. (pp. 1-367). Lisboa: FCA
- Hasselt, J. (2011). Windows Server 2008 ? The Definitive Guide;. (pp. 1-500). NY: O´Really
Method of interaction
Lectures and laboratory practices supported by problem solving.
Software used in class
Oracle´s Virtual Box
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 ou 2008 R2