Introduction to Marketing
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 4,50 OT
- Carla Dias Marques da Cruz
Students will learn the basic concepts of marketing and corporate communication, be familiar with the key operational aspects of this activity and understand the basic mechanisms that govern consumer behaviour.
Marketing vs Communication.
People as targets.
Integrated management and planning.
Mid-term assessment: written coursework and presentation (required - 40%) and test (60%).
=/> 10 grade points: exemption from final assessment (except if one of the marks is < 7).
Final assessment: written coursework (40%) and written exam (60%)
- PHILIP, K. (2000). Administração de Marketing. Lisboa: Prentice Hall
- VÁRIOS, . (2000). Strategor: estratégia, estrutura, decisão, identidade, política global de empresa.. Lisboa: Dom Quixote - Coleção Gestão & Inovação
- STAPLETON, J. (1994). Marketing. Lisboa: Editorial Presença
- Lindon, D. (2011). Mercator XXI. Teoria e Prática do Marketing. Lisboa: Dom Quixote
Method of interaction
Theoretical classes based on recognised Marketing authors. Practical classes including problem-solving and "Case Studies'" analysis and critical discussions.
Software used in class