5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- Hália Filipa da Costa Santos
Have some knowlege of existing journalistic genres and of the media in general.
Students are expected to get an overview of the functions and panorama of the different types of media identifying and analysing the main features and goals of respective discourses.
The importance of communication and media roles; Portuguese Media; Objectivity and neutrality; Different types of newspapers; the newspaper discourse; the radio discourse; the television discourse; the meaning of images; non-verbal communication; the advertising language; Media causes and discrimination within the Media.
Mid-term test (80%) and individual paper (20%) with presentation. Minimum pass mark inall the elements:
10 grade points determined by taking the average
Final exam (100%).
- Rebelo, J. (2000). O discurso do Jornal. Lisboa: Ediotiral Notícias
- GarretT, P. e Bell, A. (2003). Approaches to Media Discourse. London: Blackwell
- Leanne, S. (2009). Falar como Obama. Alfragide: Lua de Mel
- Faustino, P. (2004). A Imprensa em Portugal. Lisboa: Media XXI
Method of interaction
Lectures using PowerPoints, written material and audiovisual supports.
Software used in class