5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 PL + 4,0 OT
- Joana Conceição dos Santos
Ensure theoretical and practical learning of the key methods, objectives and tools to manage communication in crisis contexts both in private and public institutions while considering the particularities of crisis communication among the public opinion and the different target publics.
1. Crisis Communication: Strategic Vision
1.1. The New Social Paradigms
1.2.The Concept of Crisis
1.3. Organizations and Leadership in the context of Crisis
1.4. Types of Crises
2. Strategies and Procedures
2.1. Anticipating Crisis
2.2. Preparing the Crisis
2.3. Manage Crisis
2.4. Internal communication
3. In the aftermath of the crisis: lessons and learning.
Mid-term assessment includes a written assignment (30% of final mark)and a test (70% of final mark).
- Marques Mendes, A. e Costa Pereira, F. (2006). CRISES - de Ameaças a Oportunidades: Gestão Estratégica de Comunicação de Crises. Lisboa: Sílabo
- ULMER, et al, R. (2007). Effective Crisis Communication: Moving From Crisis to Opportunity. Thousand Oaks: Sage
- Lampreia, J. (2007). Da Gestão de Crise ao Marketing de Crise. Lisboa: Texto Editores
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical sessions including exercise solving.
Software used in class