5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 PL + 4,0 OT
Ensure theoretical and practical learning of the key methods, objectives and tools to manage communication in crisis contexts both in private and public institutions while considering the particularities of crisis communication among the public opinion and the different target publics.
1. Crisis Communication: Strategic Vision
1.1. The New Social Paradigms
1.2.The Concept of Crisis
1.3. Organizations and Leadership in the context of Crisis
1.4. Types of Crises
2. Strategies and Procedures
2.1. Anticipating Crisis
2.2. Preparing the Crisis
2.3. Manage Crisis
2.4. Internal communication
3. In the aftermath of the crisis: lessons and learning.
Mid-term assessment includes a written assignment (30% of final mark)and a test (70% of final mark).
- Lampreia, J. (2007). Da Gestão de Crise ao Marketing de Crise. Lisboa: Texto Editores
- ULMER, et al, R. (2007). Effective Crisis Communication: Moving From Crisis to Opportunity. Thousand Oaks: Sage
- Costa Pereira, F. e Marques Mendes, A. (2006). CRISES - de Ameaças a Oportunidades: Gestão Estratégica de Comunicação de Crises. Lisboa: Sílabo
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical sessions including exercise solving.
Software used in class