4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 4,50 OT
- Marta Margarida S. Dionísio de Azevedo
Approval of the curricular unit of the 1st semester - English and the Media,
- Make students aware of the need to develop a set of skills (linguistic and sociocultural) to be used in communicative situations within the field of Journalism;
- Develop comprehension and text production skills in order to achieve language accuracy and proficiency.
Journalism: The Future of Journalism
The Digital Age, Changes, Advantages / Disadvantages; Consequences;
Journalistic Genres: News, Interview, Report, Opinion Article;
Public Figures and the media.
- A test at the end of the semester (60%);
- Continuous Assessment including exercises and participation (written and orally) and attendance (20%);
- Research Assignment (written and oral) (20%).
- Welford, D. e Moore, G. e Hemmingway, E. e Fleming, C. (2006). An Introduction to Journalism. London: SAGE Publications Ltd
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical lessons where the students have the opportunity to practice the following skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing with implicit grammar.
Software used in class