Publication in the Diário da República: Aviso n.º 11062/2017 - 25/09/2017 + Decl. Rectif. nº 359/2018 de 11 de Maio
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 52,50 TP , Cód. 62738.
Students should be able to:
- Use a set of oral and written skills in several communication situations.
-Comprehend and produce written texts according to structure and grammar rules.
- Correctly recognize and apply specific vocabulary in the IEMI area.
1. Daily life use of the English language.
1.1. Daily communication
1.2. Informal correspondence
2. The world of work
2.1. Formal correspondence
2.2. Work and motivation
3. The English language and today's world
3.1. The English Language in technology
4. Electricity and industrial maintenance
4.3 Measurements and conversions
1-Articles, determiners and pronouns
5-Adjectives and adverbs
Oral and written work done in class (20%) + Written test (60%) + Written work and oral presentation (20%)
Students will only be exempted from axamination if for any of the elements of evaluation, the grtade is not less than 8 and their average is equal to or higher than 9,5.
- Esferas, S. (2013). Infotech - English for Computer Users. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Dooley, J. e Evans, V. (2016). On Screen - B2. United Kingdom: Express Publishing
- Dooley, J. e Evans, V. e Wright, S. (2011). Information Technology. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Murphy, R. (2012). English Grammar in Use. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
Theoretical and practical classes in which students should develop listening, reading and writing skills through simulations and comprehension exercises.
Software used in class