Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 15239/2016 - 19/12/2016
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 PL + 15,0 TP , Cód. 81424.
- Eugénio Manuel Carvalho Pina de Almeida
O1 - Development of a critical spirit that allows understanding, interpreting and applying knowledge in the field of physics and technology related to this area;
O2 - Application of logical reasoning to specific problems, using tools from physics and mathematics, as well as laboratory practices
O3 - Knowledge and development of skills for analysis, and for solving problems in the field of Electrostatics, namely in the study of electrostatic phenomena associated with resting electrical charges. In this context, it is intended to develop the capacity for the observation and measurement and analysis of physical phenomena associated with the main properties of Electrostatics, such as electric charge, electrification, electric force, electric field, electric potential, electric potential energy and electric current.
O4 - Knowing how to measure physical quantities, analyze data and build correlations between variables
1-Physical quantities, units and their representation: 1.1 Physical quantities and their units. International System of Units, 1.2 Dimensional analysis 1.3 Significant figures, 1.4 Rounding rules, 1.5 Scientific notation. 1.6 Reduction of Units, 1.7 Concept of vector. Operations with vectors
2-Observation and measurement: 2.1 Importance of measurement. Types of errors in measurements and measurements, 2.2 Calculation of errors in direct measurements, 2.3 Calculation of errors in indirect measurements, 2.4 Distribution of measurements, 2.5 Exercises
3-Electrostatics I: Properties and action of an electric charge. Electric Field: 3.1 Properties of electric charge, 3.2 Action of electric charge, 3.3 electric field. 3.4 Continuous distribution of the electric charge, 3.5 Exercises
4-Electrostatics II: Electric potential; 4.1 Work and Energy, 4.2 Work and Electric Potential, 4.3 Electric Potential and Electric Field, 4.4 Exercises
5-Electric Current. Transfer and Conversion of Energy in an Electric Circuit: 5.1 Electric Current, 5.2 Resistance of a Conductor, Ohm's Law, 5.3 Potential Difference and Electric Energy, 5.4 Transfer and Conversion of Energy in an Electric Circuit, 5.5 Applications of Ohm's Law: Association of Resistors, 5.6 Exercises
Rating: 0 to 20 values.
Final approval with a minimum of 10 values
Minimum grade for admission to the 2nd frequency: 7.0 values
1. Continuous assessment: two written tests containing development problems and questions; 1st frequency in the middle of the semester and 2nd frequency at the end of the semester with a weighting of 50% each, for the final grade.
2. Final written test for the student who has not been approved in continuous assessment (or who wants to improve the grade) in the Exam and/or Appeal Exam, with a weighting of 100% for the final grade.
- Almeida, E. (2022). Sebenta de Física . IPT: UDMF-ESTT-IPT
- Finn, E. e Alonso, M. (2012). Física. Portugal: Escolar Editora
- Walker, J. e Resnick, R. e Halliday, D. (2016). Fundamentos de Física. (Vol. 1 e 3). S. Paulo: Livros Técnicos e Científicos
- Almeida, G. (2002). Sistema Internacional de Unidades. Lisboa: Plátano Editora
- Ramalho e Costa, M. e Marques de Almeida, M. (2004). Fundamentos de Física. Coimbra: Almedina
M1: Theoretical classes
M2: Theoretical-practical classes
M3: Laboratory Practices
M4: Mentoring Guidance
M6: consultation of resources on the internet
M7: Resolution of additional exercises
Software used in class