5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP , Cód. 203416.
- Marta Margarida Santos Dionísio (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Students should be able to:
- apply a set of skills (linguistic and sociocultural) to be used in specific communicative situations within the area of Accounting;
- use comprehension and text production skills in order to achieve language accuracy using grammar and structure rules accordingly.
1. English as a Global Language.
2. Professional Careers: qualifications,skills, jobs
3. Applying for a job: Curriculum Vitae,application letters
4. Informal communication: telephoning, emails
5. Finance and business
6. Financial institutions: examples Balance sheet.
7. Accounting: laws, rules and standards.
9. Grammar (Level A2/B1 CEFRL)
* Continuous Assessment:
- A test at the end of the semester - 60%;
- Continuous assessment, including exercises and class participation (written and oral) - 20%;
- Research assignment (written and oral) - 20%.
* Working Students: Test 70% + Research assignment (written and oral) - 30%.
- Written Exam 70% + Research assignment (written and oral) - 30%.
- Coe, N. e Harrison, M. e Paterson, K. (2010). Oxford Practice Grammar. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Evans, V. e Dooley, J. e Patel, K. (2012). Finance - Career Paths. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Frendo, E. e Mahoney, S. (2011). English for Accounting. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Peltier, S. e Taylor, J. (2013). Accounting - Career Paths. Berkshire: Express Publishing
Theoretical and practical lectures where the students are asked to do exercises concerning the following skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing with implicit grammar with a particular emphasis on practical exercises.
Software used in class