Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 12805/2021 - 29/12/2021
2 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 30,0 TP , Cód. 60249.
English language skills at A2 level (QCERL).
The students should know how to:
- recognise and apply competences in communicative situations in the specific area of Technology;
- use language sociocultural competences in specific communication situations;
- use the interpretation capacity and written production, using the English language and grammar rules in a fluent way;
- communicate fluently in real context;
- recognise and use specific vocabulary.
1-Types of companies and departments
1.1 People and jobs
1.2 Products and services
1.3 Team work
2-Technology and communication
2.1 The digital era
2.2 Internet and e-mail
2.3 Chats and conferencing
2.4 Internet security
3. The world of work
3.1 Curriculum Vitae
3.2 Motivation letter
1-Articles, pronouns and determiners
2-Adjectives and adverbs
Oral and written work throughout the semester(direct observation in class) (20%)
Written tests (40%+40%)
Students will only be exempted from examination if for any of the elements of evaluation, the grade is not less than 7,5 and their average is equal to or higher than 9,5.
Written exam: 100%
(2013). Infotech - English for Computer Users. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
(2016). On Screen - B1. United Kingdom: Express Publishing
(2012). English Grammar in Use. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
(2011). Information Technology. Berkshire: Express Publishing
Student-centered communicative methodology, developing communicative skills close to the professional context through reading, listening, speaking and writing activities.
Software used in class