Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7701/2016 09/06/2016
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 27,0 TP + 27,0 TC
Introduce the cartographic surveying techniques and their rules, through fundamental notions and basic concepts of the various related disciplines: geodesy, cartography, photogrammetry and remote sensing. It is also intended to provide experimental contact with reading, measuring and cartographic production.
1. Cartographic definitions and notions
2. Coordinate systems
3. Techniques of production of cartographic information
4. Techniques of representation of cartographic information
5. Cartographic rules and standards.
The teaching methodology aims the integrated development of the knowledge referred to in the syllabus and its implementation through the objectives stipulated. The aim is to enhance knowledge, understanding and skills of mapping techniques and its various uses. Skill cquisition should be enabled through field exercises that require the knowledge of appropriate techniques for each situation.
Individual assignment 80% + fieldwork (face-to-face) 20%.
- GASPAR, J. (2004). Dicionário de ciências cartográficas.. Lisboa: LIDEL
- Gaspar, J. (2000). Cartas e projecções cartográficas. Lisboa: LIDEL
- Instituto Geográfico do Exército, .. (2000). Noções Gerais de Geodesia. , Lisboa. Lisboa: Instituto Geográfico do Exército
E-learning sessions with presentation of practical cases.
Software used in class