Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9982/2016 - 05/08/2016
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- Jorge Morarji dos Remédios Dias Mascarenhas
When intervening in a building, have the ability to:A-Understand the period in which it was built through its architectural characteristics, construction techniques and structural systems; B-Understand the functioning of the constructive and structural systems; C-Know the various construction techniques for conservation and rehabilitation
Part I- Description of the evolution throughout the history of architecture and construction techniques of popular and erudite buildings.
I.1-Constructions of urban and rural Portuguese popular architecture,
I.2-Constructions of national and international erudite architecture
Prehistoric, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Medieval (Romanesque, Gothic and Barbarian), Renaissance, Baroque, Enlightenment, 19th Century (Iron Architecture and Art Nouveau), Art Deco and Modernism
Part II-Description of different techniques used in the conservation and rehabilitation of buildings
Emergency supports; facade retainers; improvement of foundations, walls, floors, stairs, roofs; introduction of new infrastructures such as air conditioning systems, elevators and toilets
A written work, on the constructive characterization of a delivered building, presented and defended in the frequency period or in the exam periods.
Exam waiver: final grade equal to or greater than 9.5 values
Exam: approval with a grade equal to or greater than 10 values
- Mascarenhas, J. (2023). SISTEMAS DE CONSTRUÇÃO VOL.XVI TÉCNICAS PARA A REABILITAÇÃO DE EDIFÍCIOS, . (Vol. xvi). Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
- Cóias, V. (2009). Inspeções e Ensaios na Reabilitação de Edifícios. Lisboa: IST
- MUÑOZ VIÑAS, . (2010). TEORIA CONTEMPORÂNEA DE LA RESTAURACIÓN.. Madrid: Editorial Sintesys,ISBN: -M-37794-2010
- Mascarenhas, J. (2022). SISTEMAS DE CONSTRUÇÃO VOL.XIII REABILITAÇÃO URBANA. (Vol. xiii). Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
Part I and II-Lectures supported detailed illustrations.
Software used in class