4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP , Cód. 98953.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Knowledge of algebraic calculus.
At the end of the term the students should be able to interpret and formulate problems in Mathematical Analysis and Linear Algebra and should have obtained the mathematical skills that will allow them to extrapolate mathematical problems to economic and social realities.
1. Revisions of Algebraic Calculus
2. Functions of a real variable 3. Differential calculus 4. Concepts of integral calculus 5. Matrices 6. Determinants.
The same methodology is used for both tests and examinations: 1 written closed-book test marked 0/20 comprising all the subject matters taught during the semester.
- Larson, R. e Hostetler, R. e Edwards, B. (2006). Cálculo. (Vol. 1). Brasil: McGraw-Hill
- Manuel, A. e Ferreira Amaral, I. (2008). Álgebra Linear: Matrizes e Determinantes. (Vol. 1). Portugal: Edições Sílabo
- Strang, G. (2009). Linear Algebra and its Applications. USA: Wellesley Cambridge Press
- Ziegler, M. e Byleen, K. e Barnett, R. (2011). Calculus for Mathematics for Business, Economics, Life Sciences and Social Sciences. USA: Pearson Education
Lectures and tutorials.
Software used in class