Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8645/2020 - 08/09/2020
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 S + 5,0 OT
- Ana Rita de Sousa Gaspar Vieira
a) Develop and deepen the knowledge that crosses the practice of Photography with other artistic disciplines; contributing, on the one hand, to an understanding of photography as part of a broader cultural process and, on the other, the phenomena of multiculturalism and hybridity characteristic of contemporary thought;
b) Intensify the relationship between the work and the context, be it the context of production or that of visibility;
c) Provide analysis instruments adapted to a reflection on the practice of photography in a broad and inclusive sense in relation to other artistic disciplines, so that students can build a written, articulate, solid and personal discourse having as a starting point a referent personal imagery or that of others.
1. Operative fields and definition of concepts, actions and methodologies having as a starting point the production side contributing to the construction of an artistic praxis in a multicultural and hybrid territory;
2. Contextual Art. The artist and otherness. From Private Place to Visibility. Development of a critical and operational awareness of the implications of the productive act at the moment of visibility and vice versa;
3. Contemporary art in general and the practice of photography in particular. The multiple directions and conceptual contingencies of both, namely hybridity, the juxtaposition of mediums, images and text.
1. Continuous assessment (30%);
2. Presentation, defense and discussion of theoretical and practical works (70%);
3. Students with a classification equal to or greater than 10 are exempt from the exam;
4. Students who during the semester have not attended at least 2/3 of the classes will be excluded from the final evaluation;
5. In an exam situation, the same practical work will be requested as in the context of continuous assessment (80%) and a supplementary exercise proposed for the exam situation (20%);
6. The assessment is carried out in accordance with the provisions of Article 11 of the IPT Academic Regulations for Schools;
- BOURRIAUD, . (2009). Estética relacional. . (Vol. 1). São Paulo: Martins Fontes
- ARDENNE, P. (2006). Un Arte Contextual Creación artística em médio urbano, em situación, de intervención, de participación. (Vol. 1). Murcia: Cendeac
- DE OLIVEIRA; OXLEY; PETRY, N. (2000). Installation art. (Vol. 1). London: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- ODOHERTY, B. (2007). Studio and cube On the relationship between where art is made and where art is displayed. (Vol. 1). New York: Columbia University : Columbia University
1. Theoretical classes of oral exposition and debates with the critical discussion of practical examples, presented using images and through the analysis of texts;
2. Individual and group presentations.
Software used in class