Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7795/2021 - 09/08/2021
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 T + 14,0 PL + 28,0 TP , Cód. 911256.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Provide students with knowledge about industrial and building maintenance, allowing them to understand the conditioning factors for sustainability and quality.
Students must understand the concepts and must be able to substantiate and apply the most widely used techniques and tools in the area of maintenance management. They should be able to organize a maintenance department, use information systems for maintenance and be able to identify the most appropriate fault diagnosis techniques for each asset.
MODULE I - MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT
Introduction to maintenance management and maintenance management functions.
Historical Evolution of the Maintenance Function. Maintenance engineering and asset management.
Maintenance strategies, types and objectives.
The Maintenance Service Structure. Maintenance resources.
Lifecycle and Maintenance Costs.
information flows and Maintenance Information Systems. Organization of the asset park.
Maintenance Planning and Control. Models of organization and maintenance management.
Maintenance audits, Maintenance indicators and continuous improvement.
MODULE II - MAINTENANCE OF TECHNICAL SYSTEMS AND FAULT DIAGNOSIS
The Concept of Troubleshooting. Breakdown Analysis. Diagnostic methods.
Maintenance of technical installations, electromechanical systems and metrology.
MODULE III - Notions of reliability
Statistical Studies for Reliability.
Written Test (mandatory) - Ne>=8,0[0-20];
Exercise sheets and Public presentations and discussion of the projects and assignments (mandatory) - Ntp>=10,0[0-20];
Final Grade(NF): NF=0,4xNe+0,6Ntp.
- CABRAL, J. (2009). Gestão da Manutenção de Equipamentos, Instalações e Edifícios. Portugal: LIDEL
- Cardoso, A. (1991). Diagnóstico de Avarias em Motores de Indução Trifásicos (in Portuguese). Portugal: Coimbra Editora
- Gomes, M. e Coelho, P. (0). Vários apontamentos e documentos de apoio à Unidade Curricular. Acedido em 17 de fevereiro de 2023 em https://doctrino.ipt.pt/course/view.php?id=5217
- Higgins, L. (2014). Maintenance Engineering Handbook; Edited by Lindley R. Higgins. -: McGrawHill
- Prata, H. (2014). Manual de Manutenção de Edifícios - Guia Prático. (pp. 1-454). Portugal: Publindústria
- STONEHAM, D. (1998). The Maintenance Management and Technology Handbook. -: Elsevier Advanced Technology
Lectures involving oral presentation; Problem solving for project based learning; Field trips;
Practical work proposed by the lecturer; Case analysis and discussion.
Software used in class
manwinwin; valuekeep; tomsplanner; GanttProject (among others)