Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9183/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 16,0 PL + 14,0 TP
- Dina Maria Ribeiro Mateus
Prior knowledge of microbiology, biochemistry, transport phenomena and separation processes.
Students should be able to understand the importance of agriculture, food production and food processing for a sustainable development; apply the HACCP principles; design equipments for unit operations in food industry.
Agriculture and food production. Food industry. Food quality and safety. Main raw materials. Fundamental principles of the technological processing of foods and food hygiene. Concentration by evaporation. Solvent extraction. Dehydration - Drying. Re-hydration.
Final written test (80%) and laboratory reports (20%). A minimum pass mark of 10/20 in both assessment components is required to pass.
- Fellows, P. (2017). Food Processing Technology: principles and practice. Cambridge: Elsevier
- Freitas, A. e Figueiredo, P. (2000). Conservacao de alimentos, Livro de apoio a cadeira de conservacao de alimentos. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Universidade Lusofona
- Mateus, D. (2020). ). Apontamentos das aulas, Protocolos laboratoriais, Enunciados dos exercícios propostos. Tomar: IPT
- Lima, N. (2003). Biotecnologia - Fundamentos e Aplicações. Lisboa: Lidel-Edições Técnicas
Theoretical lectures on course subjects. Practical lessons including exercises and laboratory activities.
Software used in class