Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7701/2016 09/06/2016
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 54,0 TP , Cód. 3008143.
- Rita Ribeiro de Carvalho Ferreira Anastácio (1)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Students should acquire knowledge in the representation, perception and functioning of urban areas and surrounding territories, as well as new transformations in the face of globalization, through the use of new technologies.
1. Characterization and operation of urban zones and surrounding territories
1.1 Portuguese cultural landscapes
1.2 Characterization, operation and productivity
1.3 Types of clusters by the development trend
2. Impacts of globalization on urban areas and surrounding territories
2.1 Decline indicators
2.2 Counteract the decline
2.3 Reconverting and revitalizing for new uses
3. Instruments and 3D representation tools
3.1 Manual design
3.2 Computer design
4. Instruments and Geographic Information representation tools
4.1 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
4.2 Data models
5. Cartography applied to the management of cultural heritage
5.1 Spatial analysis and data management
5.2 Composition and visualization of maps
5.3 Services and map publishing
Part I (subject contents 1,2,3): worksheets + practical assignment (50%)
Part II (subject contents 4,5): assignment on GIS + report (50%)
- AD, A. (2015). AutoCad 2015 Manual. NY: ADesk
- Conolly, J. e Lake, M. (2006). Geographical Information Systems in Archaeology. (Vol. I). Cambridge : Cambridge Manuals in Archaeology
- Miller, G. (2006). ENVIROMENTAL SCIENCE, WORKING WITH THE EARTH. (Vol. I). Vitoria: Thomsom
- Wheatley, D. e Gillings, M. (2002). Spatial Technology and Archaeology: The Archaeological Applications of GIS.. (Vol. I). London: Taylor Francis
Classes supported by illustrations and drawings.
Practical classes in a computer lab using GIS software applied to heritage management.
Software used in class