Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 15239/2016 - 19/12/2016
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP , Cód. 814219.
- Hermínio Marques Henrique (1)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
At the end of the curricular unit, students should have the skills to: understand the principles of quality management in an integrated perspective; identify organizational context and relevant stakeholders; apply the PDCA approach to processes; identify the standards applicable to standardized management systems, their requirements and implementation method; understand the role of internal auditing in the systems and principles associated with its performance; identify and apply the main quality tools; identify and apply methodologies for monitoring and measuring the satisfaction of customers and relevant stakeholders.
1.1. Concepts and meanings
1.2. Historic evolution
1.3. World quality panorama
1.4. Portuguese Quality System
1.5. main authors
1.7. Reflection on the vision of quality and integrated management systems, from the perspective of chemical and organizational processes
2. Quality Management
2.1. Principles of quality management
2.2. Practical application of quality management principles, from the perspective of chemical and organizational processes
2.3. Development of quality management principles from the perspective of relevant stakeholders and integrated systems
3. Standardized Base Management Systems
3.1 Context of normalization
3.2 ISO 9001 Standard
3.3 ISO 14001 Standard
3.4 ISO 45001 Standard
3.5 Complementary standards for integrated management systems from a sustainability perspective
4.1 Context of audits and the ISO 19011 standard
4.2 Internal audits
4.3 External audits
5. Quality Tools
5.1 Main quality tools
5.2 Application of quality tools to chemical and organizational processes
6. Customer Satisfaction
6.1 Monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction
6.2 Compliments and complaints
Theoretical component: written test. Theoretical-practical component: literature review report.
Final mark is the average of the two components. A minimum score of 10 (out of 20) in each component is required to pass.
- António, N. e Teixeira, A. e Rosa, A. (2016). Gestão da Qualidade - De Deming ao modelo de excelência da EFQM. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Pires, A. (2016). Sistemas de Gestão da Qualidade. Ambiente, Segurança, Responsabilidade Social, Indústria e Serviços. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Santos, G. (2013). Sistemas Integrados de Gestão - Qualidade, Ambiente e Segurança. Porto: Publindústria
- Soares, I. e Pinto, A. (2018). Sistemas de Gestão da QUALIDADE Guia para a sua implementação. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
Explanatory lectures. Theoretical-practical classes: case studies and problem solving.
Software used in class