Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 10766/2011 - 30/08/2011
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 T + 42,0 PL + 5,0 OT
- Ana Cristina Barata Pires Lopes
Provide the students with skills related to the project and development of microcontroller based systems (PIC and Atmega). It is intended to give special focus to the communication peripherals, in particular: USART, SPI and I2C. It is also intended to make an introduction to microcomputer-based embedded systems (JETSON NANO and/ or Raspeberry Pi).
1) Reviews on microcontroller-based systems:
a) Comparison, capture and pulse width modulation;
b) Time and hardware interrupts;
c) Encoder reading;
d) Sonar reading.
2) USART communication:
a) Configuration and operation in asynchronous mode without and with addressing;
b) Configuration and operation in Synchronous mode.
3) SPI communication:
a) Configuration and operation;
4) I2C communication:
a) Configuration and operation with 7-bit addressing;
b) Configuration and operation with 10-bit addressing;
5) Hardware design and production of embedded systems based on rpi and/or jetson nano.
6) Test & validation
Laboratory and simulation work (60%); Written exam(40%) (minimum of 40% in the written exam and minimum of 50% in laboratory and simulation work).
- , . e Marwedel, P. (2011). Embedded System Design: Embedded Systems Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems. 2nd Edition: Springer
- Pietrosemoli, E. e Bagula, M. e Vives, A. e Colina, A. e Zennaro, M. (2016). IoT in five days. (Vol. -). https://github.com/marcozennaro/IPv6-WSN-book: Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Peatman, J. (1998). Design with PIC Microcontrolers. (Vol. -). -: Prentice Hall
- Peatman, J. (2003). Embedded Design with PIC 18F452 Microcontrolers. (Vol. -). -: Prentice Hall
Theoretical classes, practical exercises and laboratory experiments and simulations.
Software used in class