Publication in the Diário da República: Plano 4 - 2010/2011
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 30,0 TP , Cód. 925010.
1. Acquire skills in the multimedia design process;
2. Apply appropriate methodologies to the nature of Multimedia projects;
3. Develop knowledge about image processing tools for multimedia projects;
4. Building suitable solutions in webdesign.
1. Design Methodology for Multimedia
1.1. Identification of needs
1.2. Structuring the project
1.3. Collecting, analyzing and organizing information
2. Structural elements of Multimedia Design
2.4. Visual composition / Layout
2.6. Image Galleries
2.7. Style guides
3. Using the tools in Design for Multimedia process;
3.1. Image processing techniques for the web
4. Integrated design of a website
1. Continuous assessment with the exercises in a classroom environment.
2 Project, in a group or individually, for a website.
The final evaluation will focus on the two evaluation elements with a weighting of 40% (1) and 60% (2).
- Beaird, J. (2007). The Principles of Beautiful Web Design. Australia: Sitepoint
- Figueiredo, B. (2002). Web Design: estrutura, concepção e produção de site web. Lisboa: FCA Editora de Informática, Lda
- Kentie, P. (2002). Web Design, tools and techniques. USA: Peachpit Press
- McKelvey, R. (1998). Hyper Graphics. UK: Rotovision
1. Theoretical-practical classes with explanation of the contents and the presentation of case studies.
2. Laboratory classes with practical exercises.
Software used in class