Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 3393/2016 - 04/03/2016
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP , Cód. 9152326.
- José Manuel Barros Pinheiro Nogueira
Elements of Management.
The aim is for students to be able to identify and analyze the phenomenon of Entrepreneurship, to understand the main concepts, models and tools that enable them to participate intelligently in the process of creating and managing start-ups and to acquire a positive predisposition towards the process.
I - INTRODUCTION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP
1. Entrepreneurship; general concepts.
2. Entrepreneurship in Portugal and around the world.
2.1. Entrepreneurship and economic activity.
2.2. National determinants of entrepreneurship
2.3. Personal determinants of entrepreneurship.
2.4. Influence of the national cultural sphere.
2.5. Final notes.
II - THE ENTREPRENEUR
1. Definitions of entrepreneur.
2. The decision to undertake.
3. The entrepreneur's history.
4. Differentiate between inventors, entrepreneurs and managers.
5. Generic characteristics of a successful entrepreneur.
6. The new company team.
III - THE INNOVATION PROCESS AND IDENTIFICATION OF OPPORTUNITIES.
1. Opportunities and ideas.
2. Sources of new ideas.
3. Trends in the environmental environment and opportunities.
4. Methods for generating new ideas.
5. Evaluation of ideas.
6. Protection of intellectual property.
7. The business model (The Business Model Canvas).
IV - THE BUSINESS PLAN
1. Utility and component parts of the Business Plan.
2. Analysis and formulation of the new company's Strategy.
3. The new company's Marketing Plan.
4. Meeting and management of Human Resources.
5. The Legal Form and the formalities of creating the new company.
6. Financing of the new company.
7. Economic-Financial Analysis of the new company.
8. Presentation of the Business Plan.
- Group work with fortnightly presentations (100%)
Students with a classification below 9.5 are admitted to the exam.
Assessment during exam times
- Work with discussion (100%)
- Osterwalder, A. e Pigneur, Y. e Bernarda, G. e Smith, A. (2015). Criar Propostas de Valor. Lisboa: D. Quixote
- Sarkar, S. (2014). Empreendedorismo e Inovação. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
- Carvalho, L. e Costa, T. (2015). Empreendedorismo: uma visão global e integradora. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Dantas, J. e Moreira, A. (2011). O processo de inovação. Lisboa: LIDEL
Lectures supported by case study analysis. The students will develop Business Plans with the lecturer's guidance and support.
Software used in class