Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7822/2020 - 07/08/2020
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 14,0 OT , Cód. 820739.
- Célio Gonçalo Cardoso Marques
Students are expected (a) to be aware of the latest digital technologies in tourism and cultural heritage; (b) plan, develop and evaluate the presence of an organization on the Internet through websites and social media; (c) create and use multimedia content to promote cultural heritage; (d) plan, develop and evaluate gamification activities in the field of cultural heritage.
1. Digital Technologies in tourism and cultural heritage: State of Art
a) European and national policies to encourage the use of ICT in tourism and cultural heritage;
b) Information systems, tools and apps;
2. Presence on the Internet
a) Planning, development and evaluation of websites;
b) Social media and cultural heritage;
c) Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO);
d) Web Analytics;
e) Competitive Intelligence;
f) Web 2.0 tools for tourism and cultural heritage.
3. Multimedia content production
a) Audio-guides and QR Codes;
b) Digital tour itineraries;
c) Immersive technologies to promote cultural heritage.
4. Promotion of cultural heritage using gamification
c) Creation of projects.
The knowledge acquired will be assessed by a written test with consultation (50%), exercises required in class (20%) and group research assignment (30%). Assessment by exam will be by a written test with consultation (100%).
- Grana, C. e Cucchiara, R. (2012). Multimedia for Cultural Heritage. London: Springer
- Ioannides, M. e Magnenat-Thalmann, N. e Papagiannakis, G. (2017). Mixed Reality and Gamification for Cultural Heritage. Cham: Springer
- Ioannides, M. e Martins, J. e Lime, V. (2018). Advances in Digital Cultural Heritage.. Cham: Springer
- Minazzi, R. (2015). Social Media Marketing in Tourism and Hospitality. Cham: Springer
The teaching and learning methodologies used involve theoretical expositions, practical exercises, demonstrations, debates and tutorial orientation.
Software used in class
Several multimedia software.