Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7822/2020 - 07/08/2020
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 PL + 14,0 TP + 14,0 OT , Cód. 820714.
- José António Ribeiro Mendes
Through this course it is intended that students use, in a advanced way, the tools of b) word processing, c) spreadsheet and d) presentations, and that they know how to identify, evaluate and apply the main d) information technologies and communication in tourism. This last objective is in line with the goal of sustainable development: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure.
It is also intended that students are able to identify the main aspects of e) security and privacy and apply it in a professional context. Finally, it is intended that students understand the importance of f) Internet and Web 2.0, in particular g) social media in tourism and culture and know how to organize and propose solutions in this field.
1. Information and Communication Technologies
2. Word Processing: Microsoft Word
3. Spreadsheet: Microsoft Excel
4. Presentations: Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Sway
5. Internet and Web 2.0
6. Social Media in tourism and culture
7. Security and Privacy
Open-book test (70%) and practical work with public discussion (30%), with minimum pass mark of 7/20 in each assessment component. Open-book test in exam.
- Ratten, K. e Tajeddini, V. e Merkle, T. (2019). Tourism, Hospitality and Digital Transformation: Strategic Management Aspects . London: Routledge
- Marques, C. (2020). Tecnologias de Informação e Comunicação. Tomar: Instituto Politécnico de Tomar
- Rodrigues, L. (2017). Utilização do Excel para Economia & Gestão. Lisboa: FCA Editora
- Technology in tourism-from information communication technologies to eTourism and smart tourism towards ambient intelligence tourism: a perspective article.(2019, 24 de agosto). Tourism Review, pp. 267-272.
Theoretical-practical classes and laboratory-practical classes where the resolution of practical cases, demonstrations and debate sessions are proposed; combined with tutorial guidance classes.
Software used in class
Web 2.0 tools;
Security and privacy tools;
Learning Management System.