Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 3393/2016 - 04/03/2016
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 75,0 TP , Cód. 9152331.
- José Manuel Barros Pinheiro Nogueira
There are no formal prerequisites, but in-depth knowledge of management would be useful.
This module aims to provide students with skills to prepare, analyze and evaluate a business project. Develop skills to apply concepts and tools in the various functional areas of a company.
1.1. General approach to the program
1.2. How to Start a Business Project
1.3. Classification of projects
1.4. Types of investment / projects
2. Implementation of the project
2.1. Company characterization
2.2. Determination of the competitive condition and selection of strategies
2.2.2. Investment selection
2.3. Investment project
2.3.2. Planned investment
2.3.3. Phases and timing
3. Economic and financial analysis
3.1. Investment plan
3.2. Operating plan
3.3. Financing plan
3.3.1. Financing source
3.3.2. Short-term financing
3.3.3. Medium / long-term financing
3.3.4. Financial incentives for investment
4. Economic and financial evaluation
4.1. Free means of investment
4.2. Dynamic Analysis Criteria
5. Risk and uncertainty analysis
5.1. Types of scenarios
5.2. real options
6. Structuring, elaboration and presentation of the business project
Group assessment: business project assessment portfolio (60% of total mark).
Individual assessment: oral presentation (40%)
Final grade: weigthed average of both assessment components. Minimum pass mark: 10/20. 10
- Costa, H. e Ribeiro, P. (2004). Criação & Gestão de Microempresas & Pequenos Negócios. Lisboa: Lidel-Edições Técnicas
- Cruz, E. (1999). Criar uma Empresa de Sucesso. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Brilman, J. (2000). As Melhores Práticas de Gestão no Centro do Desempenho. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Management Institute, P. (2017). A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. Pennsylvania: Project Management Institute
Theoretical-practical classes in which the basic concepts are presented and discussed, with presentation of case studies that relate theory to practice. Student Business Plans are developed and monitored during term-time.
Software used in class
Word, Excel e Power point.