Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 10361/2016 - 17/08/2016
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 TP , Cód. 39254.
- José Manuel Barros Pinheiro Nogueira
This module aims to:
1) Provide the basic concepts of corporate governance;
2) Give an overview of the key corporate governance theories.
3) Give a comprehensive overview of the mechanisms required to protect the shareholder interests
1. Corporate governance
2. Corporate governance theories
3. Control mechanisms
4. Corporate governance limitations
5. Corporate governance practices in Portugal and worldwide.
6. The influence of corporate governance in organizational performance
Ongoing assessment: in-class reading, summary and weekly presentation of research papers on marketing related topics. Exam-based assessment: Individual written test
- Davies, A. (2007). Corporate Governance: Boas PrÃ¡ticas de Governo das Sociedades. Lisboa: Monitor
- Silva, A. e Vitorino, A. e Alves, C. e Cunha, J. e Monteiro, M. (2006). Livro Branco sobre Corporate Governance em Portugal. Lisboa: IPGC
- Rodrigues, J. (2009). Corporate Governance: Retomar a ConfianÃ§a Perdida. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
Constructivist method of teaching. Lecturing method with the lecturer acting as a mediator in the teaching/learning process: programming, supervising, organising and providing resources.
Software used in class