Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 10766/2011 - 30/08/2011
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 T + 42,0 PL + 5,0 OT , Cód. 911236.
- Ana Cristina Barata Pires Lopes
Provide the students with skills related to the project and development of microcontroller based systems (PIC family). It is intended to give special focus to the communication peripherals, in particular: USART, SPI and I2C. It is also intended to make a brief introduction to embedded systems for iot, in particular the zolertia microcontrollers and the Contiki OS operating system will be addressed.
1) Reviews on microcontroller-based systems:
a) Comparison, capture and pulse width modulation;
b) Time and hardware interrupts;
c) Encoder reading;
d) Sonar reading.
2) USART communication:
a) Configuration and operation in asynchronous mode without and with addressing;
b) Configuration and operation in Synchronous mode.
3) SPI communication:
a) Configuration and operation;
4) I2C communication:
a) Configuration and operation with 7-bit addressing;
b) Configuration and operation with 10-bit addressing;
5) Introduction to embedded systems for IoT based on Contiki OS:
a) Wireless sensor networks based on zolertia microcontrollers and raspberry pi;
b) Temperature remote monitoring using Watson IoT.
Laboratory and simulation work (70%); Oral defense (30%) (minimum rating of 50% in oral defense and minimum rating of 50% in laboratory and simulation work).
- Colina, A. e Vives, A. e Bagula, M. e Pietrosemoli, E. e Zennaro, M. (2016). IoT in five days. (Vol. -). https://github.com/marcozennaro/IPv6-WSN-book: Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Peatman, J. (2003). Embedded Design with PIC 18F452 Microcontrolers. (Vol. -). -: Prentice Hall
- Peatman, J. (1998). Design with PIC Microcontrolers. (Vol. -). -: Prentice Hall
- Gonçalves, V. (2005). Sistemas Electrónicos com Microcontroladores. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-344). Portugal: ETEP
Theoretical classes, practical exercises and laboratory experiments and simulations.
Software used in class