Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
7 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP , Cód. 92994.
- Gonçalo Nuno Rodrigues Brás (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Identify and analyze, in context, an organization's strategy, the processes by which it is formulated, planned and / or formed and stakeholder roles, and interpret their implications.
I - STRATEGY: CONCEPT AND PROCESS
1. Valid Settings.
2. Decision, Strategic Choices and Process.
3. The strategic intent.
II - ANALYSIS AND FORMULATION OF THE STRATEGY
1. SWOT Analysis.
2. Competitive analysis; School of Positioning.
3. Generic strategies.
4. Strategic Groups.
5. The value chain.
6. The Resource Based Strategy.
7. Nuclear Powers.
III - FORMATION OF THE STRATEGY
1. Formal Strategic Planning.
2. Interaction between Formulation and Execution.
3. "Shape" the Strategy.
IV - STRATEGY AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXTS
1. Entrepreneurial strategy and context (START-UP).
2. Strategy and mature context.
3. Diversified strategy and context.
4. Innovative strategy and context.
5. Strategy and international context: Internationalization and Management of Multinational Enterprises.
Continuous assessment: presentation and analysis of scientific papers and/or case studies related to strategic management.
Examination: Individual written test in the dates set in the academic calendar.
- Ghoshal, S. e Quinn, J. e Mintzberg, H. e Lampel, J. (2014). The Strategy Process; Concepts,contexts, cases. UK: Pearson Education
- Santos, A. (2008). Gestão Estratégica: Conceitos, modelos e ferramentas. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
- Shafritz, J. e Ott, J. e Jang, Y. (2010). Classics of Organization Theory. USA: Wadsworth
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources. Case study analysis and discussion (teamwork). Literature review and in-class debate.
Software used in class