Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 3359/2013 - 01/03/2013
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 PL + 4,0 O
- Rui da Costa Marques Sant' Ovaia
- Luís Miguel Alves de Oliveira
Students should be able to understand the performance of the several supports in all printing process (Prepress, Press and Postpress)in order to ensure the quality in graphics work.
Working with production flowcharts and apply quality control in production.
Module I: Study of the fundamental principles of the paper manufacturing process and others as printing supports (plastics and textiles).
Module II: Characterization and quality control of paper and others printig materials. Statiscs tables. Properties of materials and its implications on printed product. Printing inks. Relationship ink-print support.
Module III:Quality control in all the process: Prepress, Printing and Post-Press
Written assessment test.
Continuous assessment in the lab and final reports.
Continuous assessment of individual and group exercises and project briefs.
- Biermann, C. (1996). Handbook of pulping and papermaking. San Diego: Academic Press
- Kiphan, H. (2001). Handbook of Print Media. Berlin: Springer
- Asunción, J. (2002). O Papel Técnicas e Métodos Tradicionais de Fabrico. Lisboa: Editorial Estampa
- Barbosa, C. (2009). Manual Prático de Produção Gráfica. Lisboa: Principia
Lectures supported by oral and audiovisual media (CD, DVD, etc.)
Practical and Laboratory exercise classes: group and individual assignments.
Software used in class