Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9398/2015 - 18/08/2015
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP
- Olinda Maria dos Santos Sequeira
The students should develop an entrepreneurial mindset, be able to identify business opportunities, evaluate the potential of a new business, apply the financial analysis tools and identify the financing sources as well as be aware of the advantage of partnerships.
1. Concepts of entrepreneurship
2. Entrepreneurial process
3. Selecting a project
4. Preparing a business plan
5. Financing the Project
6. How to create your own business
7. Entrepreneurial success/failure
Ongoing assessment: preparation of a business plan as part of a team including presentation (60%);
Individual final report and presentation (40%). Minimum pass grade is 10/20.
- Silva, M. e Mainardes, E. (2012). Inovação Empreendedora das Pequenas e Médias Empresas' in Marketing Empreendedor - Novos Rumos para o Sucesso nos Negócios de Micro, Pequenas e Médias Empresas. (pp. 59-89). Curitiba: Xibpex
- Sarkar, S. (2014). Empreendedorismo e Inovação. Lisboa: Porto Editora
- Ries, E. (2011). The Lean Start up. New York: Crown Business
Theoretical and practical classes supported by case studies.
Software used in class
Word e Excel