Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 13772/2014 - 12/11/2014
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP , Cód. 90566.
- Marta Margarida Santos Dionísio (2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Students should be able to:
- apply a set of skills (linguistic and sociocultural) to be used in specific communicative situations within the area of Accounting;
- use comprehension and text production skills in order to achieve language accuracy using grammar and structure rules accordingly.
English as a Global Language. Work and jobs: qualifications; Curriculum Vitae; letters and emails; telephoning. Finance; business and finance. Financial institutions. Balance sheet. Accounting: laws, rules and standards. Auditing.
A test at the end of the semester - 60%;
Continuous assessment, including exercises and class participation (written and oral components) and attendance - 20%;
Research assignment (written and oral) - 20%.
- Coe, N. e Harrison, M. e Paterson, K. (2010). Oxford Practice Grammar. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Evans, V. e Dooley, J. e Patel, K. (2012). Finance - Career Paths. Berkshire: Express Publishing
- Frendo, E. e Mahoney, S. (2011). English for Accounting. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Peltier, S. e Taylor, J. (2013). Accounting - Career Paths. Berkshire: Express Publishing
Theoretical and practical lectures where the students are asked to do exercises concerning the following skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing with implicit grammar with a particular emphasis on practical exercises.
Software used in class