Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 14880/2013 de 15/11/2013
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP , Cód. 964117.
- Hermínia Maria Pimenta Ferreira Sol (2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Intermediate or advanced level of English.
On completion of the course students are expected to produce written and oral texts with a high degree of complexity, such as reports, brochures, and formal letters.
Likewise, their oral skills should be either upper-intermediate or proficient.
- Early Beginnings of tourism;
- Careers in Tourism;
- The importance of good manners in the workplace;
- Different accents;
- Tourism agents (Travel Agents and Tour Operators);
- MICE Tourism;
- Tourism marketing;
- Sustainable Tourism;
Continuous assessment including compulsory class attendance (10%), outside class projects (30%) and written exam (60%), or final exam (100%).
- Dubicka, I. e O\'KEEFE, M. e Strutt, P. (2013). English for International Tourism Upper Intermediate. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-85). Londres: Pearson Longman
- Harding, K. (2009). Oxford English for Careers. Student's Book. Upper-Intermediate - Tourism. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Oxford: OUP
- MEDLIK, S. (2002). Dictionary of Travel, Tourism and Hospitality. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-145). Londres: Butterworth Heinemann
Lectures and tutorials, experimentation and simulation.
Software used in class