4.5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT , Cód. 938059.
- António Martiniano Ventura
The students will be provided with technical and scientific resources that will enable them to learn photographic techniques as a tool for applied work, particularly in the area of conservation/restoration.
1.Photography as a complex system
2.The object approach
3.The interaction of light and matter
4. The close-up photography: micro and macro
5.Object photography: two-dimensional and three-dimensional
6.Light sources in photography
7.Surface examination method
8. Facilities and equipments, handling care and rules of usage.
Assessment will be based on class performance and the presentation and defense of practical projects.
- Thomas, B. (1980). Light - Its Interation with Art and Antiquities. New York: Plenum Press
- Blaker, A. (1989). Handbook for Scientific Photography. London: Focal Press
- AA. VV., .. (1992). Problemi di Restauro, Riflessioni e Richerche. .: Edizioni Firenzi
A number of structured exercises are proposed in order to provide an understanding and mastery of the photographic processes.
Software used in class