Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 11230/2020 - 13/11/2020
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- Pedro Manuel Granchinho de Matos
At the end of the course students should be able to identify and evaluate the potential of robotic systems, program industrial robots and determine the automation needs for a given application using robotic manipulators
1.Sensors, actuators and converters;
- Identify the types of sensors and actuators most used in robotics, as well as their operation and applications. Identify type of analog / digital (ADC) and digital / analog (DAC) signal converters, their operation and application.
2. Introduction to robotics;
-Know the history of the appearance of robots and their evolution.
3. manipulative robotics;
- Identify and classify different types of robots on the market and their principles of operation.
4.Kinematics and positioning of the manipulator robot;
-Describe the operation of trajectory generation systems used in robotic manipulators.
- Identify and evaluate the potential of using mobile robots.
6.Planning path of the robot;
- Trajectory planning using the reading of positioning sensors.
Execution of laboratory experiments during the practical classes and a written test in either period. Both parts are worth 50% of the final mark.
The approval of the course implies a classification higher or equal to 10 values in the laboratory assignments. There is no minimum mark in the written test.
- Pires, J. (2012). Automação Industrial. (pp. 0-492). Lisboa: Lidel
- B.Niku, S. (2013). Introdução à Robótica - Análise, Controle, Aplicações. brasil: Livros Técn. e Cient. Editora
- Dudek, G. e Jenkin, M. (2000). Computaciol Principles of Mobile Robotics. United States of America: Cambridge University Press
- Warren, J. e Adams, J. e Molle, H. (2011). Arduino Robotics. New York, USA: Apress
Theoretical lectures, describing and exemplifying the application of the fundamental principles. Theoretical-practical classes demonstrating applications. In the laboratory classes projects are developed using didactic materials.
Software used in class