4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 24,0 TP , Cód. 201820.
- Ana Paula Gerardo Machado
At the end of this curricular unit, the student should:
A.Knowing the concepts of Quality;
B.Know and apply the normative references to quality management systems and products;
C. Know and apply tools for Quality Management;
D.Carry out a risk analysis and assess opportunities for improvement;
E.Decide on the results of monitoring and risk analysis;
F.Define actions, plan, monitor, evaluate and act;
G. Evaluate the costs of quality;
H. Assess the Quality Management System.
1. Introduction to Quality Management
1.1. Definitions and concepts
1.2. Principles and objectives
1.3. Perception of quality
1.4 Notion of risk. Risk analysis.
2. Product Policy
2.1. Product concept
2.2. Product life cycle analysis
2.3. BCG Matrix
3. Quality Tools / Techniques
4. Certification and Quality Management Systems - ISO 9001 Standards.
5. Product certification
6. Quality assessment
6.1. Quality Costs
6.2. Quality Audit
Case Study (100%)
- Dafeo, . (2016). Juran's Quality Handbook . (Vol. I). Ohaio: McGraw-Hill Education
- Pires, A. (2007). Qualidade - Sistemas de Gestão da Qualidade. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
Theoretical exposition with support from the board and audiovisual media.
Resolution and explanation of practical business cases.
Discussion of practical work.
Software used in class