Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7571/2019 - 26/08/2019
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 42,0 TP , Cód. 818612.
- Carlos Jorge Trindade da Silva Rente
A-Understanding the principles and working models of structural systems corresponding to different building systems: masonry, wood, steel and concrete.
B-Application of techniques to evaluate the behavior of structural systems commonly used in buildings.
C-Use of simplified methods of structural analysis.
1-Building construction and structural systems
2-Structural design. Preliminary design and safety check.
3-Introduction to computer-aided analysis and design of structures.
4-Evaluation of the behavior of structural systems.
5-Simplified methods of structural analysis.
One final written exam during the regular assessment period (75%) and practical assignments carried out in class (25%).
Minimum mark of 9.5/20 in all assessment component is required to pass.
Overall grade is the weighted average of the mark obtained in the test and that of the assignments.
- Ching, F. (2017). Técnicas de Construção Ilustradas. Porto Alegre: Bookman
- Ching, F. e Onouye, B. e Zuberbuhler, D. (2010). Sistemas Estruturais Ilustrados. Porto Alegre: Bookman
- Engel, H. e Hatje, V. (2001). Sistemas Estruturais. Barcelona: Gili
- Ambrose, J. (2002). Simplified Mechanics and Strength of Materials. New _York: John Wiley & Sons
Lectures and practical classes focusing on the resolution of problems designed to promote a critical mindset and class participation.
Software used in class
FTOOL - 2D frame analysis software
CYPE - software para engenharia e construção