Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 14312/2015 - 02/12/2015
4.5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,50 OT
- Carlos Alexandre Campos Pais Coelho
Although it is not mandatory, a previous pass in the module Materials Science and Engineering would be useful
The students should:
.know the concepts of elasticity and plasticity
. know the key material deformation mechanisms
. understand the different types of material behaviour when subject to mechanical load and kow how to use them
. be familiarised with mechanical tests
Elasticity - tension and deformation analysis
Plasticity and forms of damage
Tensile testing and relevant standards
Evaluation of the hardness of materials
Bending and torsion test
Creep, relaxation and recovery
Assessment includes written tests and individual coursework in class.
- Smith, W. (1996). Principio de Ciência e Engenharia dos Materiais. .: MC Graw Hill
- Morris, D. (1999). Mechanics of Materials. USA: John Wiley & Sons
- Baptista, J. (2000). Sebenta Tecnologia Mecânica I Ensaios e Processos. .: .
- Coelho, C. (2021). Apontamentos do docente. .: .
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory sessions.
Software used in class
MDSolids and testing machine software