Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 7835/2019 de 05/09/2019
3 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 PL + 15,0 TP , Cód. 608011.
- Ana Paula Gerardo Machado (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
O1 Acquisition of knowledge about operating principles, methodologies and standardized procedures with special emphasis on fundamental instrumentation in laboratories and the importance of checking, calibrating and maintaining equipment
O2 Acquisition of skills in the field of observation, measurement, monitoring and recording of data and test results
O3 Acquisition of skills on technologies for automatic data acquisition and recording (software and hardware), types of instrumentation and data transmission.
O4 Practical applications using test data. Assessment of the quality of a result - uncertainty of a measurement
1.1 Basic concepts: International Metrology Vocabulary, Unit systems
1.2 Types of metrology
1.2.1 Scientific Metrology
1.2.2 Industrial Metrology
1.2.3 Legal metrology
1.3 Management of measuring and testing equipment
1.3.1 Identification sheets and history
1.3.2 Maintenance plans
1.3.3 Calibration and verification plans
2.Processes for acquiring equipment
2.1 Analysis of specifications for laboratory equipment
2.2 Market prospecting
2.3 Proposal analysis and equipment selection
2.4 Receiving equipment
2.5 Installation and storage of equipment
3. Observation, measurement, tolerances, errors and uncertainties associated with measurements
4. Calculation of uncertainties
5. Equipment calibration
5.1 Calibration laboratories
5.2 Methods and techniques for equipment calibration
5.3 Calibration certificates
5.4 Analysis of calibration certificates
5.5 Acceptance criteria
6. Methods for measurement and systems for acquiring test data
6.1 Functional modules for signal acquisition
6.2 Characteristics of signal converters
6.3 Communication interfaces
7. Practical analysis: sensors/transducers: operating principles and most relevant characteristics
8. Practical applications
The assessment is continuous.
It is mandatory to carry out practical work (TP) during classes.
Assessment, at different times, is carried out through a written test (TE) referring to the contents taught and delivery of practical work (TP). The classification is obtained using the expression: 0.50 (TE)+0.50 (TP). Approval requires a minimum of 40% in each component (TE and TP) and a final classification equal to or greater than 10 out of 20.
- Ferreira, C. Instrumentação Industrial e Medidas Eléctricas . (Vol. unico). IPT:
- IPQ, . (2018). Programa Nacional de Cumprimento de Boas Práticas em Laboratórios. :
- IPQ, .. (2007). Guia para a quantificação de incertezas em ensaios químicos OGC007. (Vol. unico). .: .
- IPQ, .. (2012). VIM- Vocabilário Internacional de Metrologia . .: .
- Restivo, M. e &, A. (2008). Laboratórios de Instrumentação para Medição. (Vol. unico). Porto: UP
- World Health Organization, . (2011). Quality Management Handbook. (Vol. ). :
The teaching method is expository and interactive with real examples and requests for student participation in research on instrumentation, data acquisition and data processing methods. In the practical component, work is carried out.
Software used in class