Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
7 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP
- Describe the process of detecting and analyzing business opportunities;
- Define criteria for assessing the potential of a new business and the resources needed to develop and implement it;
- Prepare the necessary financial analysis tools.
- Ensure access to inclusive, quality and equitable education and promote opportunities for lifelong learning for all. (Sustainable Development Goal 4, according to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in September 2015).
1. Entrepreneurship concepts
2. Entrepreneurial Process
3. Methodologies for the choice of the project
4. Developing a business plan
5. Project financing
6. Creating your company
7. Success/business failure
A) Presentation and Report of Analysis/Business Ideas for Incubation (30%);
B) Presentation of the Business Plan and Final Project Report (70%).
Students who do not obtain a final evaluation of 10 (ten) will be admitted to the Exam. The Exam will consist of a written test that will focus on the analysis of a Business Plan.
- Ries, E. (2011). The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses. New York: Crown Books.
- Snell, S. e Bateman, T. (2007). Management - Hill Leading & Collaborating in a Competitive World. Columbus: McGraw-Hill International Edition
- Ferreira, M. e Santos, J. e Serra, F. (2008). Ser Empreendedor ? Pensar Criar e Moldar a Nova Empresa. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
Students must submit an Opportunity Plan including a diagnosis of the technological and market viability of the business idea and the resources needed to put it into practice - Business Plan.
Software used in class