Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP
- João Pedro Dias Fontes da Costa
Systematize key conceptual models about careers and reward systems; Identify key strategies and techniques for effective implementation of careers and rewards systems. Contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals, specifically Gender Equality (5) and Reduce inequalities (10), in HRM processes in organizations.
1. Careers Management
1.1. Fundamentals of career management
1.2. Career Planning Objectives
1.3. Construction of career plans
1.4. Components-Type of a Career Plan
1.5. Profile of different careers
1.6. Identification of high potential employees
2. Rewards systems
2.1. Fundamentals of reward systems
2.2. Objectives of the rewards system
2.3. Reward system components
2.4. Intrinsic rewards
2.5. Extrinsic Rewards
2.6. Principles of the remuneration system
2.7. Remuneration system architecture options
2.8. Construction of a wage structure
2.9. Determination and evolution of individual salary
2.10. Incentive systems
2.11. Social and specific benefits
2.12. Testing the Effectiveness of the Rewards System
I. Continuous Assessment - a written test and
a) 1 written test - weighting 60%.
b) Group work (3 elements) - weighting 40%;
Information about the theme, structure / form of the work will be available in moodle.
A minimum grade is required for all assessment moments (eight). The average of the grades must be at least ten.
- Fisher, J. (2015). Strategic Reward and Recognition - Improving Employee Performance through Non-monetary Incentives. London: Kogan Page
- Armstrong, M. (2015). Armstrong's Handbook of Reward Management Practice - Improving Performance through Reward. London, England: Kogan Page
- Armstrong, M. (2015). Armstrong's Performance Management Toolkit. London, England: Kogan Page
- Clark, T. (2012). Modelo de Negócio Eu ? Um método simples para reinventar a sua carreira. Lisboa, Portugal: D. Quixote
Theoretical-practical methods enable the acquisition of management skills such as to be able to manage careers, reward, control and set the budget for reward plans.
Software used in class