Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 TP
- João Pedro Dias Fontes da Costa
The role of the manager as a HR manager;
The strategic importance of people as a competitive advantage;
Identify the applications of individual behaviour management and workteams in organizations;
Identify and characterize psychosocial processes.
I - Organizations
1.1. Nature, Scope and Objectives of CO
1.2. Theories of organizations
1.3. Organizational Structures
1.4. Organizational culture
II - Individuals in Organizations
2.1. Characteristics and Individual Skills: cognitive processes, emotional processes and behaviors
2.3. Attitudes at work
III - Groups in Organizations
3.1. Types and characteristics of groups
3.2. Teams of work and teamwork
3.3. Social exchanges
3.5. Interpersonal relationships and conflicts
I. Continuous Assessment - Written test and a group assignment:
a) Written test - 50%;
b) Group work (3 elements) - 35%;
c) Work done in class - 15%;
Information on the theme, structure / form of group work will be made available on moodle.
For all assessment moments, a minimum score of eight is required. The average of the three grades must be a minimum of ten values.
- Arnold, J. e Randall, R. (2010). Work Psychology: Understanding human behaviour in the workplace. London: Prentice Hall
- Carvalho Ferreira, J. e Neves, J. e Caetano, A. (2011). Manual de Psicossociologia das Organizações. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
- Rego, A. e Pina e Cunha, M. e Cabral-Cardoso, C. e Campos e Cunha, R. e Neves, P. (2016). Manual de Comportamento Organizacional e Gestão. Lisboa: Editora RH
- Charan, R. e Barton, D. (2020). HBR 10 Artigos Essenciais - Reinventar os RH. Lisboa: Actual Editora
The theoretical contents will be approached using expository methods. The theoretical-practical component will involve the analysis of case studies and exercises.
Software used in class