Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8060/2020 - 19/08/2020
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 42,0 TP
A. Know the digital tools and its applicability on the industry of Architecture, Engineering and Construction for modeling and management information during the various phases of a building's life cycle.
B. Know the techniques of survey and representation of buildings.
C. Identify basic aspects of using data on the geometric characteristics, properties and attributes of digital models, accessible through computer programs.
D. Recognize the advantages on the forms of relationship between players and the exchange of information during conception, promotion, design, construction and exploitation phases.
E. Know about computerized systems of strategic building management.
F. Recognize the potential of the advanced building management using the internet of things, artificial neural networks and genetic algorithms
1. Introduction to digital tools on Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry (AEC). Concept of building modeling information (BIM). Parametric modeling. Interoperability. BIM normalization. BIM implementation and coordination.
2. Surveying techniques and building representation.
3. Rendering techniques in building modeling.
4. BIM in building design
5. BIM in construction management
6. BIM in operational building management
7. Advanced building management: internet of things, artificial neural networks and genetic algorithms.
Conducting a written test in all assessment periods by exam.
Approval with a minimum of 10.0 in 20 values.
- Eastman, C. e Teicholz, P. e Sacks, R. e Liston, K. (2011). BIM Handbook: A Guide to Building Information Modeling for Owners, Managers, Designers, Engineers and Contractors. (Vol. 2nd Edition). -: John Wiley & Sons
- Kymmell, W. (2008). Building Information Modeling: planning and managing construction projects with 4D CAD and simulations. -: McGraw Hill
- Garcia, J. (2014). Revit 2015 & Revit LT 2015: Curso completo. -: FCA Editora de Informática Lda
- Jernigan, F. (2008). BIG BIM little bim . (Vol. 2nd Edition). -: 4Site Press
Expository and interactive methods are used, in the analysis of methodologies, techniques for modeling information in buildings, supported by texts and audiovisual equipment. It encourages research, analysis, reflection and decision in the debate of
Software used in class
- Software for Engineering, Architecture and Construction - CYPE version 2021.f