Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7701/2016 09/06/2016
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 54,0 TP
- Luiz Miguel Oosterbeek
- Luís Manuel Mota dos Santos Figueira
A. Study concepts and theories with professional interest.B. Understanding the relevance of the link between local governance of territory and international doctrine
C. Contribute to the study on the value of tangible and intangible components of the landscape.
D. Integrated approaches to landsc.
1. Introduction to the concept of Heritage Safeguard and its practical extension: international reference doctrine (International conventions; National legislation; Technical standards)
1.1. The Cultural Policy in the governance system and its influence on the cultural landscape in terms of: heritage conservation; development of community approaches; touristification of the territories
1.1.1. Practical exercise (text 1)
2. The cultural landscape and the economic and adaptation dynamics: the international doctrine and local practices (examples commented on: bibliographies selected for this purpose, technical visits and tutorials, "in situ")
2.1. The Territory, the Organizations and the People and the values of cultural landscapes
2.1. 1. Practical exercise (local visit in Mação)
3. Conclusion of applied work and presentation.
3.1. Critical evaluation of the U.C.
Continuous assessment with work production and presentation. This work may also be submitted during the exam period.
- Mitchell, N. e Rössler, M. e Ttricaud, P. (2009). World Heritage Cultural Landscapes - A Handbook for Conservation and Management. Paris: World Heritage Centre UNESCO - http://whc.unesco.org/documents/publi_wh_papers_26_en.pdf
- Taylor, K. (2008). Landscape and Memory: cultural landscapes, intangible values and some thoughts on Asia.. Penang: http://penanginstitute.org/v3/files/Penang_Cult_Lsc_Public_lecture.pdf
- Landscape of culture and culture of landscape: does landscape ecology need culture?.(2010, 0 de ---). Landscape Ecol. http://leml.asu.edu/jingle/Web_Pages/Wu_Pubs/PDF_Files/Wu-2010-Cultural%20landscapes.pdf, pp. 1147-1150.
- The Cultural Landscape Concept.(2011, 0 de ---). Aibr-Revista de Antropología Iberoamericana - www.aibr.org/antropologia/06v01/articulos/060104e.pdf, pp. 57-80.
Lectures, debates and site visits.
Software used in class