Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 7701/2016 09/06/2016
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 27,0 TP
Intermediate level of language proficiency.
On completion of the module, students are expected to
- master the tools that will enable them to communicate efficiently with the world around them, namely in the labour environment;
- establish a link between the teaching of language and communication and the apprehension of specific knowledge;
English as the language of science;
- Different cultures;
- Technical English in archaeology;
- Academic English.
Assessment is continuous, students can only miss two classes in the semester.
- Raimes, A. (2007). How English Works. (Vol. __). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- McCarthy, M. e O'Dell, F. (2016). Academic Vocabulary in Use. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- British Council, _. (2014). English for Academics. (Vol. 1 and 2). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
Theoretical and practical lessons.
Distance learning classes include practical work (mainly oral) in order to acquire the necessary knowledge to learn and consolidate the English language.
Software used in class