Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 14880/2013 de 15/11/2013
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to analyse and develop a tourist marketing plan, use marketing mix tools and develop a promotional plan for a tourist destination.
1. General Concepts of Tourism Marketing
1.1. Characterization of Tourism Marketing
1.2.The role of Marketing in tourism planning
2. Analysis of the Surroundings of Tourism Marketing
2.1. Tourism Marketing Microenvironment
2.2. Tourism Marketing Macroenvironment
2.3. Tourism impacts and the power of Marketing
2.4. Purchase decision process
3. Tourist offer
3.1. Tourism Marketing Trends in the Promotion of Tourism Products
3.2. New Technologies in Tourism Marketing
3.3. Decision-making power and influence
3.4. New tourists
5. Tourism Marketing Plan
5.1. Marketing plan phases (diagnosis, SWOT analysis, objectives, Strategy, Marketing-Mix, budgets, control and updating).
5.2. Case study and success stories (e.g. City Marketing, Wine Tourism, Sensory Marketing etc (notions of the plan development strategy)
Written exam 100%.
- Rita, P. e Antunes, J. (2014). A importância do marketing no desenvolvimento de destinos e produtos turísticos. (Vol. I). Lisboa: Escolar
- Campón-Cerro, A. e Hernández-Mogollón, J. e Folgado-Fernández, J. (2019). Best Practices in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Management: A Quality of Life Perspective. (Vol. I). Cham, Switzerland: Springer
- Kotler, P. e Bowen, J. e Makens, J. (2017). Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism. (Vol. I). New York: Global Edition
- Dionísio, P. (2018). Mercator XXI - 25 anos O marketing na era digital. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Publicação Dom Quixote
Lectures and theoretical-practical classes. The lectures provide conceptual and theoretical foundations, the theoretical-practical sessions include implementation, execution and discussion of promotional marketing plans.
Software used in class
Power Point, Zoom, Teams