Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 1887/2016 - 05/02/2016
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 15,0 OT
- Maria Alexandra Falcão Bento Baptista Vilhena de Carvalho
On completion of the module the students should have a general overview of the consumption process and its influencing variables as well as the impact of marketing on consumer bahaviour.
I - The Subject of Consumption and Sociological Study. II - Theoretical Approaches to the Phenomenon of Consumption. III - Genesis of Needs and Consumption. IV - Influences and Consumer Groups. V - The process of Consumption and Learning. VI - the Media, Equation Production - Consumption and its Influence on Consumer Behaviour.
Continuous assessment: written test(60%) and practical assignment with presentation(40%). Students who satisfy the continuous assessment requirement (minimum mark 9.5/20) will be exempted from exam.
Final assessment: written test(100%).
- Santos, B. (1994). O Livro dos Consumidores. Lisboa: Bertrand
- Dubois, B. (1998). Compreender o Consumidor. Lisboa: D. Quixote
- Slater, D. (1997). Consumer, Culture and Modernity. Cambridge: Polity Press, UK
- Baudrillard, J. (2014). A Sociedade de Consumo. (Vol. 54). Lisboa: Edições 70
Lectures and practical classes.
Software used in class