Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 1887/2016 - 05/02/2016
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 15,0 OT
- Maria Fernanda Pires Aparício
On completion of this module the students should be able to plan and recruit people, identify trends, analyse and determine vacancies, assess people, draw up skills profiles and comply with the ethical principles of professional recruitment and selection.
a. The context for recruitment and selection.
b. Ethical and legal issues.
2) Analysis of necessities of Human Resources
a. Recruitment and selection and strategical planning.
b. Competencies: identification, description and elaboration of profile of the candidate.
3) Attracting and Recruitment:
a. Sources and types of recruitment.
b. New technologies and recruitment and selection.
4) Competencies-Based Selection:
a. Phases of a selection process.
b. Methods and predictors of performance (Biographical data, interview, tests and exercises).
c. Assessment centres.
5) Decision and Orientation:
a. Decision making - Criteria.
b. Report and communication of information (customer and candidates).
6) Follow-up, evaluation and control of the process.
Continuous Assessment: group work 60% and test 40%
Final Assessment: Final Examination 100%
Exemption from final examination who has, with continuous assessment, an less or equal averave of 10.
- Cardoso, A. (2013). Recrutamento & Selecção de Pessoal. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-184). Lisboa: Edições Lidel
- Pires, A. (1993). Técnicas de Entrevista e Selecção de Pessoal. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-182). Lisboa: Edições CETOP
- Armstrong, M. (2014). Armstrong's Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-880). London: Kogan Page
- Carter, P. e Russell, K. (2015). Ultimate IQ Tests. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-320). London: Kogan Page
Lectures supported by case study, simulations and work in small groups.
Software used in class