Publication in the Diário da República: RCC 21/12/2010 [DR. 4926/2011 21.03.2011]
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 75,0 TP
The students should have developed skills and knowledge in the area of service management, particularly planning, organization, management and management control in the public, private and social sectors.
1. Clinical codification and Performance in healthcare organisations
2. Management documents
3. Healthcare Planning
4. Clinical Governance
5. Corporate Governance
6. Entrepreneurship in healthcare
7. The PDCA cycle
8. Healthcare management analysis models and tools
9. Healthcare information management systems(for example efficiency, effectiveness).
- SHORTELL,, . e KALUZNY,, . (2000). Health Care Management, Organization, Design and Behavior. (Vol. 1). New York: Delmar
- LONGEST, B. (2003). Managing health services organization and systems. (Vol. 1). Baltimore: Health Professions Press
- Nunes, R. e Rego, G. (2010). Gestão da saúde. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Prata e Rodrigues
- Reis, A. e Macedo, A. (2011). A saúde não tem preço mas tem custo. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Silabo
Lectures including presentations, debates, documents analysis and other pedagogical methods to motivate the students to engage in class and develop critical skills on practical cases.
Software used in class